Thursday, March 19, 2015

#TBT: SOUL OF SHU SHOOT


Happy Thursday, beautiful people! I've been meaning to post this for quite some time but I didn't know how to make it fit on this blog , but what better way than a TBT? (That's "throwback Thursday if ya' didn't know - hey, I'm not judging...)
On 2/12 I got a comment on my Instagram page on one of my photos from someone I knew nothing about. She was an Australian photographer in Chicago for a couple of days on vacation. Now if you know me, I probably wouldn't have emailed her back because I'm such a homebody but I decided to take a chance and reached out to her. 
So here I am, doing everything your parents tell you not to do - 1) talking to a stranger 2) setting up a date & time to meet for a shoot 3) actually meeting this person at a hotel...but hey, it's 2015 and you gotta' live a little!
I met the incredibly dope Shu and let me tell you, this woman is inspiring. After talking for a while, we got to shooting and I quickly found out that she has such a keen eye for making the simplest of things look mind-blowing (I'm talking about dead plants looking like a blooming forest type-of- good). I got to know more about who she was, what she wanted out of life and where she sees herself going. I'll let you in on a secret: she has a heart of gold. Not only did I get some ridiculously amazing photos (all completely courtesy of her) and great conversation at Big Star, but I also got to meet someone that I enjoyed hanging out with and getting to know, and my place will be open to her (& her talented boyfriend) whenever they're back in the Windy City.
So Shu, if you're reading this: THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR GIFT WITH ME - I truly appreciate it. I don't think you realized how much of an impact you had on me when we met.
xx
Check out her work at: http://soulofshu.com/




<

















SHARE:

4 comments

  1. The food was amazing. Normally party and event dinners are mediocre and forgettable. Rent a space for an event as we had people talking about our food even weeks after the event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://251d2191a60056d6ba74-1671eccf3a0275494885881efb0852a4.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/8781112_young-thug-is-a-renewable-energy-resource_e7916b46_m.jpg?bg=79492F

    ReplyDelete

© Y M I J A N

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig